How to Join
Who should apply to be a Fellow?
Successful applicants will have a proven commitment to and passion for pedagogy and how institutions like MSU can best support high-quality teaching, learning and student success. Successful applicants will also have experience with and/or demonstrate openness to developing new skillsets to share best practices in teaching. Finally, we are seeking applicants expressing interest in becoming educator leaders (people who educate others about high-quality teaching and learning) and/or public scholars: individuals who share their disciplinary expertise (and its relevance) to audiences beyond the confines of the university.
We are interested in building a cohort of fellows who are:
- interested in educational design work
- excited about interdisciplinary collaboration
- driven to improve their design and communication skills
- flexible and adaptable
- motivated to make an impact on campus and beyond
If working in the Hub aligns with your personal and professional goals, we hope you will apply.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be MSU students enrolled full-time in a program leading to a Ph.D., in good academic standing, and making progress on their degrees. We are seeking applicants who have not previously been Hub Grad Fellows and will not concurrently hold another MSU Graduate School cohort fellowship.
How to apply:
Explore the Hub’s portfolio of projects by reading our website or visiting us on MSU campus. Think about which of our projects resonate with your skills and interests.
Discuss the Hub Grad Fellows program with your Department Chair/Graduate Program Director and your Graduate Advisor.
To complete the application form, you will be asked to upload:
- A current CV
- Names of both your Department Chair (or Graduate Program Director) and Graduate Advisor as endorsements
- A short letter of endorsement (one paragraph) from either your Department Chair (or Graduate Program Director) or Graduate Advisor. This letter can also be emailed by your endorser separately; instructions are in the application.
Applications for the 2021-2022 cohort have closed. The next cohort application opens March 2022. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of representatives from both The Graduate School and the Hub for Innovation in Learning and Technology.
For more information, please contact Makena Neal or Ellie Louson the Hub Grad Fellowship faculty mentors.
View the stellar list of Past Hub Graduate Fellows.